Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Now that I'm full of energy, I realized that I never told you about myself, so allow me to borrow your eyes again for a mini intro:
My name is Jessica, I'm 28 (will be 29 on January 23rd). I live in Allentown, near the fairgrounds. Not married (still tryin to find a guy that shares my love for yarn, heh), no kids, no pets. I am a smoker, I love caffeine (gee, is that obvious?). I've been knitting for a little over a year now, started it to relieve some of the stress that I was dealing with at that time (long story). I've mostly knitted scarves (my biggest accomplishment was knitting a Harry Potter, Slytherin scarf in time for the release of the latest movie). After I finish my holiday knitting, I plan on learning how to knit socks and armwarmers. Eventually I would like to make sweaters, but there's plenty of time for that later. I love movies (mostly horror/thriller and comedy), books (Current favorite being "Wicked" by Gregory Maguire, still waiting to read the sequel, "Son of a Witch"), music--I pretty much can listen to anything. I've been listening to a lot of calmer stuff lately, I'm a HUGE Tori Amos fan. I am fairly sarcastic and very goofy. I love to laugh. I have a dark side, but who doesn't? (not to worry, I'm hardly a sociopath or anything, well, outside of work anyway). Oh yeah, work. I work for an insurance company. My actual job title is a "Claims Data Entry Clerk". I like to call myself an idiot doing a monkey's job. Basically, I answer phones, transfer calls, idenitify mail and do various other mindless, meaningless jobs while pretending I actually care. (though I suck at pretending) Most of the people there irritate me, but I do have a small group of friends there that make working there worth the aggravation. Well, that pretty much sums me up. Cyndi will probably post her info later. For now, I'm signing off to do some cleaning.
-Jessica

2 Comments:

At 4:48 PM, Blogger Mother Crone's Homeschool said...

Hello! I am so glad you are doing this. I am making a goal for myself to try to get more active with knitting folks, in order to learn and share. I am in Allentown as well, and will be sending info to the email addy.

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger Allentown SnB said...

I see you are a crocheter? That's great! I'm trying to talk a friend from work, who crochets into coming to our groups, but I don't forsee that happening any time soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home